MSU's newest Zacharias Staff Award winners include (front, l-r) JuLeigh Baker, Beth Baker, Linda Miller, Donna Maykowski, Becky Hill, Jan Walton, (back, l-r) Bubba Forrester, Ann Sansing, Anita Webb, Ruby Lynn Carter, Jennifer Easley and Daisy Wiggins. With them is (back, center) President Mark E. Keenum.
(Photo by: Russ Houston)
Dear Administrators, Faculty, Staff, and Students:
Staff Council needs your help nominating outstanding Mississippi State University employees for the Zacharias Distinguished Staff award. Twelve winners will be presented with a plaque of recognition and a check for $1,000. Awards will be announced at the annual Luncheon in the Junction/Staff Appreciation Day on Friday, May 15th at noon in the junction.
To be eligible for the award the nominee must: be classified as a professional or support staff employee, be in good standing, work at least half-time, have a minimum of three years’ service, have never been a recipient of the award, and meet the nomination criteria outlined below.
- Exemplifies professionalism and dedication to MSU by performing beyond the call of duty to improve service, quality, and image of the department/unit;
- Serves as a positive role model for other faculty, staff, and/or students;
- Demonstrates outstanding accomplishments of significance based on initiative, cooperation,
and ability to perform a job successfully;
- Demonstrates a high degree of competence and expertise;
- Works beyond the boundaries of the job by participating in university or community service
- Nomination forms will be accepted from MSU’s administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Previous winners may be viewed here.
- The nominator must complete a nomination form (pdf format). This form can be filled out at the pdf format link and printed, or you may pick-up a paper copy from Kelly LaSalle at 108 Memorial Hall. We ask that you complete the form to the best of your knowledge. To best demonstrate the qualifications of your nominee, please provide as much information as possible for each section. If you are unsure, please ask others or the nominee for assistance in completing the form. If additional space is needed, attach an additional page. A letter of support is not required.
- The deadline to submit a nomination(s) is Wednesday, April 15, 2015. The form can be sent to Marc Measells at Mail Stop 9681, Department of Forestry, Mississippi State University, MS 39762 or emailed to him at email@example.com.
Chair of Staff Council